Saturday, October 10, 2009

wow what a week

Sorry for not writing in a while. I’ve been under a lot of pressure. What a rollercoaster ride.
The week started off with Hazat Garin. That is when we introduce the Garin to the kibbutz members. We also tell the kibbutz what our new Garin name is. Our Garin is called Garin Gidon, based on the bible story.
For the Hazat Garin, the Garin is in charge of making dinner and entertainment. My job was to be in the play (yah one liners) and help make the movie. I was the editor in chief and basically once we were done filming, I locked myself into the editing studio (the madrichs house) and edited the movie for two days.
As the show reached its halfway mark, it started raining and we had to cancel the show. It was really upsetting because we had put so much work. Oh well.
The high point of the week however was Wednesday night, when I got to go to Jerusalem and see Matysiahu in concert. The show was amazing and so much fun. There is nothing like seeing him in Israel, right in front of the old city. From the concert, four friends and I rented 2 rooms in a hostel and had a night on the town.
Then Came the most relaxing weekend I have had in a while. I slept like a baby and only remember waking up for food and watching some movies.

The highlights in the week coming up are:
1) Going to the backum to get our uniforms
2 going to Wingate (an army base) to meet Barak's assistant (the 2nd head of the army)

Hope everyone back home had a great Chag and a great week and I promise to write more this week.

1 comment:

  1. Amazing that you got to see Matisyahu and it's fantastic you had fun at the hostel. Enjoy getting uniforms and meeting Barak's assistant! I'm assuming you heard about our President getting the Nobel Prize- what do you think of that? I don't think he deserved it. Hope you had a great Chag, too!

    ReplyDelete