Friday, July 30, 2010

The closing of another chapter

Bomb school has finally come to an end. While the course was a lot of fun and challenging, it is defiantly one of my greatest accomplishments. I have learned a lot over the past two months and I know I will continue to lean more in the future.

Some of the things I learned in the course were how to enter a house using “alternative methods”, how to place a mine field and how to pick one back up without getting hurt.

We also learned about various mines and various booby traps. Some of my favorite tools were the Hilti (a nail gun that I got to shoot with during a training excursive on Wednesday), a metal detector (I can now can confidently say that I can find a quarter in a beach) and other items.

I hope that I will never have to actually use this information, however if the times does come, I am confident that I am well enough trained to accomplish the job safely and quickly.

What is my next step? Kav. Kav is when we go to the boarder and patrol the area. While I am not sure where we are going yet, I know I will have fun because I will be with my friends. I am also counting down the days until my parents come to visit. The count is: 13 days. Hope the time flies by fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment