Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Update on status

Today we woke up and went to Ulpan like we usually do. However, unlike most days Ulpan ended early because today we were all going to update our status.
Before today I was only registered as a new immigrant, without any help and without any source of income. However today that changed. The religious Garin, along with my Garin went to the Miclat Ha'cleta. The building is located in Tevaria (the nearest city to us). The building looks like any other building from the outside, however inside there are pictures of soldiers in all different units.
If you have ever been to the DMV, then you are familiar with waiting on pointless lines for no reason. For us it was mainly the same thing. Because I had not yet received my Tiuda Zaut (ID card) I had to wait on one line to get it. Then I had to go wait on another line to make sure everything was correct on it. Then, I had to go wait on another line to fill out paper work ab0ut myself.
After everyone was done, with waiting on line, we all went to the city for dinner. It’s amazing how much I missed pizza.
When we got back to the kibbutz, we met with some of the old members of Garin, who also live on the kibbutz. One of the old members works in Orkez (a dog unit). The other two were teachers, in Tanks and Artillery.
Tomorrow, we need to wake up early because we are going to go swim in a river. I hope to post pictures soon about our Garin so everyone can see what it’s like here.

2 comments:

  1. What's a dog unit? Could you explain? Thanks! Does the pizza taste the same in Israel, by the way?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A dog unit is the same as the Canei (dog) unit.
    They work with diffrent branches of the army because they are trained to use dogs

    ReplyDelete